Temporary Residency Permit for Non-EU nationals.
Cyprus Pink Slip-The Visitor’s Visa
Cyprus temporary residence permit, the so-called Pink Slip, is a residence permit aimed to Non-European Citizens who come to Cyprus for long-term purposes without employment rights as it allows them to extend their stay in Cyprus for more than 3 months. It also enables tourists and visitors to extend their stay in the Republic no matter what was the duration of their initial visa. It is valid for 1 year and can be renewed yearly for up to 4 years. The main applicant’s spouse and underage children may also be granted a temporary residence permit as dependants.
Pink Slip limitations
The holder of the Pink Slip permit cannot stay out of Cyprus for more than 3 months continuously as the permit would be cancelled automatically
The holder of the Pink Slip cannot work in Cyprus
The permit is granted only to non-EU Nationals who wish to extend their stay in Cyprus
The permit is valid for one year and can be renewed annually
Main eligibility criteria
The applicant for this permit mainly needs to show:
- Regular and adequate income from abroad to cover his living expenses while residing in the Republic. The annual income estimates are €10,000 for a single applicant, €15,000 for a couple €20,000 for couple & 1 child etc.
- Either a rented or purchased house or flat
- A personal bank account in Cyprus with deposits from abroad
The procedure to submit the Pink Slip in Cyprus is the following:
- Booking of appointment date at the Immigration city Unit for the submission of the application before the applicant’s visa expires;
- Choice of qualifying residential property, either rented or purchased;
- Opening of bank account in Cyprus and transfer money from abroad
- Preparation and collection of the required documents to accompany the Pink Slip application (documents must be officially translated into English or Greek and be double certified or Apostilled)
- Attendance at the Immigration Unit on the set appointment date for the submission of the application.
- Payment of application fees.
- Capture of biometric data (photograph, fingerprints etc.)
Application processing time
The application for Pink Slip is submitted to the Immigration city Unit that the applicant resides, and it is further forwarded and examined by the Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD) in Nicosia. The examination takes around 6 months.
Once applied, the applicant is allowed to stay in Cyprus until his application is examined.
On approval of the application, a temporary residence permit card is issued.
What to expect from us
For us the priority is to ensure a smooth process for the applicant and his dependents, making sure he has peace of mind when applying. We take care of all immigration and legal issues to make sure that the process is made fast and stress-free.
In doing so, we provide a fixed fee service without any surprises allowing the applicant to have a clear view of the entire cost budget before the start of the process.
*This guide contains information for general guidance and does not substitute professional advice, which must be sought prior to taking any actions. For further information or advice, please contact Rafaela Dimitriadou, Associate at Telephone: +357 26 822122 or via email at: [email protected] or [email protected]